top of page


International students studying in Canada are considered residents of Canada for income tax purposes. All international students are encouraged to file a tax return even if they don’t have any income (there are credits you may be eligible for, so better to get those!). Here is a link with information regarding tax filing for students:

FYI: around the tax filing season (usually February- April), the International Office organizes several workshops on how to file your taxes, so keep an eye on those!

bottom of page